Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bible Vs. Idol

.


I can't take the credit for this, but I thought it was brilliant... definitely gives food for thought.

Personally, a cell phone is the least of my worries... but it makes me wonder what other electronic device competes for attention. My laptop is the only thing I can think of, even though I do use it as part of my Bible Study tools every day, side by side with my Bible. I also use it to listen to Christian music. What if I used it less, and my Bible more... what if I used my online time for more Bible study, and less other stuff?




Something to think about....

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?



What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of an emergency?

This is something to make you go... hmm... where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing: Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!

And no dropped calls!

Makes you stop and think, "where are my priorities?"




.

2 Comments:

TanyaLea said...

This is definitely good food for thought. Puts things into perspective quite well, if you ask me. Only I'm like you...I'd have to trade the cell phone for the computer in this analogy...but the lesson is all the same. Thanks for giving us something to think about and 'weigh' our time against. As always, you are such a blessing! <><

(((hugs)))

Kami said...

I love this! I think it happens so frequently in our busy lives that we are quick to connect with others around us but less likely to connect with the One who desires our communication the most. For me, it's not really the cell phone that occupies my time, but it definitely is the connections I have through my blog, through facebook, etc.

What a beautiful reminder! Thanks for sharing this, friend :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!