Saturday, May 01, 2010

Prayers & Support

.


On June 26th, I will be joining Compassion International (www.compassion.ca) on a mission trip to San Pedro Sula, on the northwestern coast of Honduras. As a Compassion Advocate, I will be working with those most in need, the poorest of the poor, in conditions that none of us can possibly imagine without having witnessed them in person. I will be documenting my trip online through this blog, sharing photos and writing about my experience while in Honduras in order to raise awareness of the need for child sponsorship. I will be witnessing first hand the difference that Compassion International makes through the local church in the lives of these precious children, their families and their communities.

Although it will be a heartbreaking experience, I believe it will also be a great opportunity to experience the gospel, to be His hands and feet for those in need.

Having followed the Compassion trips of other bloggers to Kenya, India, El Salvador, Dominican Republic and Uganda in the past, I know that I will need the support of prayer to prepare my heart for what I will witness and experience during my time in Honduras, and for the transition as I return home after this life-changing experience and learn to live a "new normal" with a changed and broken heart for those in need.

Please join me in prayer as I work alongside Compassion not only on this trip, but in my work as a Compassion Advocate. Pray for me to have the heart of Jesus, to serve like He did, to honor Him through my words, my actions, my heart, my life, and to have the strength to continually reach outside my comfort zone to share Him with others. Pray for the children still in need of a sponsor, that we will help them connect with the sponsor God has chosen for them.

If you are able to offer financial support for the travel costs of this trip (airfare, lodging, etc), your contribution would be greatly appreciated. I have set up a Chip-In button on my blog for contributions. God will stretch even a one dollar donation into a great blessing. I know that not everyone is in a financial position to donate, know that your heartfelt prayers will be your priceless contribution.

Thank you, beyond measure, for your prayers, your love, and your support.


If you would like more information about the work that Compassion does, or if you would be interested in sponsoring a child, please don’t hesitate click on the following links:

Canada --
Click here!

U.S.A -- Click
HERE!



.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!