Sunday, December 04, 2011

Ghanaian Keyboard Cleaners


Although I was equipped with a macro lens, they were so tiny and the lighting in our room so minimal that I knew I wouldn’t be able to capture the moment in a photograph.

Ants.

The tiniest ants I had ever seen, living in the largest anthills I had ever seen!


Dozens, perhaps hundreds, crawling from the window of our room at the guest house, down the wall, and onto my laptop which I had set down on the floor. 


Fascinated, I watched as the ants crawled under the maze of keys on my keyboard, emerging carrying traces of crumbs to carry back to their colony.  



Although dirt and dust covered us day in and day out in Ghana, my keyboard has never been so clean.  



Isn't it just like God to provide sustenance for life, out of our crumbs, our extras...  life, out of the bits and pieces that when we really stop and think about it, we can do without?


Isn't it just like Him to include us into His provisions so that we can learn from Him?